Dr.Sudesh Sharda completed his Bachelors of Medicine and Bachelors of Surgery (MBBS) from M.G.M. Medical College, Indore in the year 2008. He then completed his Master of Surgery (MS) in surgery from Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal, Barkatullah University, Bhopal in the year 2012.
1. Surgical/ Medical Advisory Services
2. Laparoscopy / Bariatric Surgery
3. Medical Counseling
4. Liver Transplant
5. Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
6. Trauma Surgery
7. Research & Development
8. Kidney transplant
Scientific And Medical Societies Membership
1. Association of Surgeons of India
2. Society of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic surgeons of India
3. Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons
4. International College of Laparoscopic Surgeons
5. Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
6. Liver transplant society of India
Awards and Achievements
1. Operated a rare case of Donor hepatectomy from situs invertus totalis Liver donor for Transplantation (under review for publication).
2. Recently operated rare case of post covid head of pancreas mucor – Whipple procedure (under review for publication).
3. Received a young surgeon award at the Annual Conference of ASI Indore city chapter in 2019.
4. Best paper presentation award at Indian Chapter of International Hepato-pancreato-Biliary Association
Conference 2011 at Bhopal. Topic: Variation and Congenital Anomalies of Hepatobiliary System: A Prospective
study on 200 cadavers.
5. Awarded second prize in a poster presentation at MPASICON 2011 at Indore. Topic: Is surgical palliation better
for obstructive jaundice in cases of unresectable Periampullary tumours?
6. Poster presentation at International Hepatopancreato- Biliary Association Congress 2012 on the topic “Variation
and Congenital Anomalies of Hepatobiliary System: A Prospective study on 200 cadavers”, held in Paris, France
in July 2012.
7. Paper presented at IAGES 2015 held at Pune.
Mar’08 – Mar’09: M.G.M. Medical College, Indore
Nov’12 – Jun’13: Sri Aurobindo Medical College and P GI as Senior Resident in Surgery Role:
Actively involved in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students and the departmental seminars as well as involved in the management of general laparoscopic, oncologic and Bariatric surgery problems. Engaged in preoperative, postoperative and follow up management of patients, administration of wards and ICU and outpatient department and research work.
July ’13 – Sep ’13: under the guidance of Dr Amitabh Goel, Laparoscopic surgeon, Indore Role:
Actively involved in outpatient care, operative and post-operative care of the patients.
Oct’13 – Feb’14: Lok Nayak Hospital and Maulana Azad Medical College, NewDelhi Role:
Actively involved in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students and the departmental seminars as well as Involved in the management of hepatobiliary, urology, laparoscopic, oncologic and vascular surgery problems Engaged in preoperative, postoperative and follow up management of patients, administration of wards (ICU/HDU) and outpatient department and research work.
March’14 – April’16: Max Superspeciality Hospital, Saket as Fellow of National Board (FNB) in Dept. of Minimal access, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Role:
Actively involved in performing various minimal access and bariatric procedures, management of patients undergoing all kinds of minimal access and bariatric procedures
April’16 to November’19: Choithram hospital and research centre, INDORE Role:
As a consultant in the department of Surgery and MAS and as a team member in the Liver Transplant team.
December’19 to May 2020: Fortis Hospital Group, Delhi NCR Role:
As a Senior fellow in GI sciences and Liver Transplantation Was a part of around 100 Liver Transplant and Supra major GI surgery.
June 2020 to continue:
Choithram Hospital and Research Centre, Indore As a consultant in the department of MAS and Organ Transplant. Actively involved in doing all the advance minimal access surgery, laparoscopy and thoracoscopic procedure, laparoscopic donor nephrectomies and kidney transplant and advanced GI surgery. Heading Department of Liver Transplantation, in coordination with Dr Vivek Vij and team (Fortis Hospital grp).
“To Study the role of Buccal Mucosal Graft in mid to long segment stricture urethra and its short and long term complications” thesis GMC, Bhopal, approved by the faculty and external reviewers as part of the requirement for award of M. S. (General Surgery) degree in June 2012.
1. Same admission closure of temporary bowel stomas: Feasibility and outcomes. J. Transl. Med. Res 2017;22(1):48-52
2. Postlaparoscopic cholecystectomy biloma in the lesser sac: A rare clinical presentation. JMAS 2015 :11(2);154- 156.
3. Water Soluble Contrast Study Predicts the Need for Early Surgery in Adhesive Small Bowel Obstruction. International Journal of Medical and Pharma Research 2013 (2); 51-56.
4. Effects of single-dose methylprednisolone on patient recovery after cardiopulmonary bypass. Indian J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg (2012) 28:109-115