Mon to Sat
(09:00 AM to 02:00 PM)
Dr. Neha Rai
Dr.Neha Rai has completed her MD in Medicine (Gold Medalist) from MGM Medical College, Indore, M.P., India and has completed her DM in Neurology (Gold Medalist) from All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi, India.
Scientific and Medical Societies Membership
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Stroke Association
- Indian Epilepsy Society
- Indian Academy of Neurology
- Movement Disorder Society
Awards And Achievements
- Dr Neha Rai received the Inspiring Neurologist of India Award by Economic Times of India on Doctors Day Conclave on 2021.
- “Manohar Lal Soni Book Prize Award in Neurology” for the best postgraduate for the year 2014 at All India Institute of Medical Science, Delhi.
- “Shri Mohan Lal Wig Medal” for the best clinical research of the year 2014 at All India Institute of Medical Science, Delhi.
- “Shri R C Jal Charity Trust Gold Medal “for obtaining highest marks in MD (Doctor of Medicine) exams of the year 2008 at Devi Ahilya Vishwavidhyalaya, Indore.
- “Dr Reddy’s Gold Medal” for securing first position and excellence in medicine and best post graduate student for the year 2008 at MGM Medical college, Indore.
- “Swami Prayavanand Foundation California – 941010, USA Medical Service Award” in appreciation of exemplary service rendered in Maharaja Yeshwant Rao Hospital, Indore for the year 2007.
- First prize and certificate of merit for best poster presentation on “Development and implementation of acute stroke care pathway: a cluster randomized study” in 22nd Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Neurology held at PGIMER Chandigarh in November 2014.
- Torrent Young scholar award 2014, winner of north zone Quiz of Neurology.
- Awarded by Devi Ahilya Vishwavidhyalaya, Indore for obtaining third position in order of merit at MBBS examination held In March 2004.
- Recognized for exemplary work during COVID 19 Pandemic as a “COVID Warrior” by Choithram Hospital & Research Centre, Piramal India LTD, State Bank of India in 2021.
- Consultant Neurologist at Choithram Hospital & Research Centre, Indore from March 2015 onwards- OPD, IPD and Electrophysiology lab services along with teaching DNB Neurology and DNB Medicine candidates.
- Senior Resident Neurology at AIIMS, New Delhi (Jan 2010 to Dec 2012) – carried out OPD, epilepsy and movement disorder clinic, Ward, ICU and clinical electrophysiology services along with Research work in department of neurology.
- Asst. Professor Medicine at SAIMS MC, Indore, M.P. (Aug 2008 to Jan 2010) – carried out OPD, Ward, Neurology ICU and UG Teaching in department of Medicine.
- Senior Resident Medicine at MGM MC, Indore, M.P. (June 2005 to May 2008) – carried out OPD, Ward, ICU and ICCU services in department of Medicine.
- Delivered lectures / seminars on selected neurology topics for DNB Neurology and DNB Medicine students and acted as Guide in their research work, Choithram hospital and research centre Indore (from March 2015 till date).
- Delivered lectures as guest faculty for DNB Neurology students – lecture series on Gyan Darshan TV channel organized by IGNOU.
- Delivered lectures / seminars on epidemiology, presentation skills, evidence based medicine for all DNB residents and all consultants in Choithram Hospital and Research Centre.
- Delivered regular lectures on neurology topics for third year Physiotherapy students in College of Physiotherapy at Choithram Hospital and Research Centre.
- Delivered regular lectures on neurology topics for nursing students in College of Nursing at Choithram Hospital and Research Centre.
Conferences and Seminars
- Organizer, moderator and speaker in Platinum Jubilee of National Conference of Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases (NATCON) in December 2020.
- Speaker in IAN Neuropthalmology Master class held in July 2021.
- Presented several lectures on various topics on virtual platform during COVID pandemic.
- Invited as a speaker in “Winner 2020” National Conference held in Bhuvneshwar 2020
- Organizing secretory, played anchor role and was speaker in MP CG Neurocon August 2018, Ujjain
- Invited as Faculty in “Winners 2018” conference at Udaipur.
- MP Neurology Update 2016, Indore (3 CME Points)
- At All India Institute of Medical Science, Delhi –“Development and implementation of acute stroke care pathway in a tertiary care hospital in India: A cluster-randomized study” published in “Neurology India” as original research article. Rai Neha, Prasad Kameshwar, Rai Vinod K ,Bhatia Rohit, Vibha Deepti, Singh Mamta Bhushan, Kumar Amit Year : 2016 | Volume: 64 | Issue Number: 7 | Page: 39-45
- “EEG predictors of outcome in patients with altered sensorium in ICU” published in “Seizure” international journal as original research article. Rai V1, Jetli S, Rai N, Padma MV, Tripathi M.Seizure. 2013 Oct;22(8):656-61. doi: 10.1016/j.seizure.2013.05.002. Epub 2013 Jun 12.
- “Long-term outcome of decompressive hemicraniectomy in patients with malignant middle cerebral artery infarction: a prospective observational study.”published as original research article in “Neurology India” . Rai, V. K. et al. Neurol India62, 26–31 (2014). doi: 10.4103/0028-3886.128273.
- “Memory, executive function and language function are similarly impaired in both temporal and extra temporal refractory epilepsy-A prospective study” published as original research article in “Epilepsy Research” one of the most reputed journal in epilepsy. Rai VK1, Shukla G2, Afsar M3, Poornima S4, Pandey RM5, Rai N6, Goyal V7, Srivastava A8, Vibha D9, Behari M10.. Epilepsy Res. 2015 Jan;109:72-80.
- “Whom should be referred for epilepsy surgery? – a survey among Indian neurologists” Platform presentation in 21st Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Neurology held at Indore in October 2013
- “Development and implementation of acute stroke care pathway – A comparison cohort study in a Delhi tertiary care hospital “ in 22nd Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Neurology held at PGIMER Chandigharh in November 2014.
- “ADEM” Chapter in Tropical neurology 2014 as first author with Dr Prof Vinay Goyal
- “ Neuropsychiatric comorbidity and quality of life in primary cervical dystonia: A case control study” published in 4th Asian and Oceanian Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders Conference book (November 2014,Volume: 29)
- Sleep And Cognition published in Indian Journal of Applied Research (Volume-8 | Issue-12 | December-2018 | 8618 ISSN – 2249-555X | IF : 5.397 | IC Value :18.16)
- Barriers Of Epilepsy Surgery: A Survey Among Indian Neurologists published in Indian Journal of Applied Research (Volume-8 | Issue-12 | June-2018 | 8618 ISSN – 2249-555X | IF : 5.397 | IC Value :18.18)
- Study Of Clinical And Epidemiological Profile In Patients Of Cerebral Venous Thrombosis In A Tertiary Care Hospital In Central India – International Journal of Current Research Vol. 10, Issue, 08, pp.72413-72419, August, 2018.
- Hyperadeponectinaemia, an acute phase response to stroke: correlation between adiponectin and severity/ functional outcome of stroke- poster in IANCON 2018, Published in Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology, 2018
- Study Of Clinical And Epidemiological Profile In Patients Of Cerebral Venous Thrombosis In A Tertiary Care Hospital In Central India – MP NEUROCON, Ujjain, August, 2018.